Mission and Objectives
CARN’s mission is to advance evidence-based conservation efforts that conserve biodiversity and ecosystem health, protect threatened wildlife species and habitats, and promote environmental sustainability.
- To utilize and support basic and applied research to understand the biotic processes that underlie and maintain biodiversity worldwide
- To seek improvements to public health and well being through integrated approaches to sustainability.
- To improve the quality of environmental and health science decision-making by facilitating the communication of research results among the academic, government, and NGO communities.
- To maximize the effectiveness of environmental programs by integrating research results with sustainable development policy.
- To provide impactful training opportunities for young scientists and early career professionals working in wildlife and environmental conservation, premised on significant field research experience.